Definition of External. Meaning of External. Synonyms of External
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word External. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word External and, of course, External synonyms and on the right images related to the word External.
Definition of External
External Ex*ter"nal, n.
Something external or without; outward part; that which makes
a show, rather than that which is intrinsic; visible form; --
usually in the plural.
Adam was then no less glorious in his externals
God in externals could not place content. --Pope.
ExternalExternal Ex*ter"nal, a. [L. externus, fr. exter, exterus, on
the outside, outward. See Exterior.]
1. Outward; exterior; relating to the outside, as of a body;
being without; acting from without; -- opposed to
internal; as, the external form or surface of a body.
Of all external things, . . . She [Fancy] forms
imaginations, aery shapes. --Milton.
2. Outside of or separate from ourselves; (Metaph.) separate
from the perceiving mind.
3. Outwardly perceptible; visible; physical or corporeal, as
distinguished from mental or moral.
Her virtues graced with external gifts. --Shak.
4. Not intrinsic nor essential; accidental; accompanying;
The external circumstances are greatly different.
5. Foreign; relating to or connected with foreign nations;
as, external trade or commerce; the external relations of
a state or kingdom.
6. (Anat.) Away from the mesial plane of the body; lateral.
External angles. (Geom.) See under Angle.
Meaning of External from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to External