Definition of Elevating. Meaning of Elevating. Synonyms of Elevating
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Elevating. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Elevating and, of course, Elevating synonyms and on the right images related to the word Elevating.
Definition of Elevating
ElevatingElevate El"e*vate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Elevated; p. pr. &
vb. n. Elevating.] [L. elevatus, p. p. of elevare; e +
levare to lift up, raise, akin to levis light in weight. See
1. To bring from a lower place to a higher; to lift up; to
raise; as, to elevate a weight, a flagstaff, etc.
2. To raise to a higher station; to promote; as, to elevate
to an office, or to a high social position.
3. To raise from a depressed state; to animate; to cheer; as,
to elevate the spirits.
4. To exalt; to ennoble; to dignify; as, to elevate the mind
5. To raise to a higher pitch, or to a greater degree of
loudness; -- said of sounds; as, to elevate the voice.
6. To intoxicate in a slight degree; to render tipsy.
[Colloq. & Sportive] ``The elevated cavaliers sent for two
tubs of merry stingo.' --Sir W. Scott.
7. To lessen; to detract from; to disparage. [A Latin
meaning] [Obs.] --Jer. Taylor.
To elevate a piece (Gun.), to raise the muzzle; to lower
Syn: To exalt; dignify; ennoble; erect; raise; hoist;
heighten; elate; cheer; flush; excite; animate.
Meaning of Elevating from wikipedia
- levator palpebrae superioris
(Latin for: elevating muscle
eyelid) is the muscle
in the orbit
(upper) eyelid. The levator...
to: Music Elevate
(Big Time Rush album), a 2011 album
by Big Time Rush Elevate
(Morgan Page album), a 2008 album
"for his enduring commitment
to democratic ideals
courage." In his first public appearance
- machine moves
s****ers do not require
****istance from push-tractors. The pioneer developer
of the elevating
s****er was Han**** Manufacturing...
- 2018. Gold, Anne (6 July 2001). "Hong Kong's Mile-Long Escalator System Elevates
the Senses: A Stairway
Heaven". The New York Times. Retrieved...
- campaign, Trump benefited
from a record amount
of free media
in the Republican
primaries. New York Times writer
"smart and thought provoking
the artistic achievements
of the medium". Season
four was listed
- Times. Retrieved December
4, 2014. Berman, Russell
(November 13, 2014). "Elevating Elizabeth
Warren". The Atlantic. Retrieved December
4, 2014. "Senators...
that made the Consulate
permanent, essentially elevating Napoleon
for life. Whereas
- civilisation, meanwhile
from its Tantric elements
elements. Western stereotypes
were reversed, emphasizing
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Elevating