Definition of Dissolved. Meaning of Dissolved. Synonyms of Dissolved
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Dissolved. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Dissolved and, of course, Dissolved synonyms and on the right images related to the word Dissolved.
Definition of Dissolved
DissolvedDissolve Dis*solve", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dissolved; p. pr. &
vb. n. Dissolving.] [L. dissolvere, dissolutum; dis- +
solvere to loose, free. See Solve, and cf. Dissolute.]
1. To separate into competent parts; to disorganize; to break
up; hence, to bring to an end by separating the parts,
sundering a relation, etc.; to terminate; to destroy; to
deprive of force; as, to dissolve a partnership; to
Lest his ungoverned rage dissolve the life. --Shak.
2. To break the continuity of; to disconnect; to disunite; to
sunder; to loosen; to undo; to separate.
Nothing can dissolve us. --Shak.
Down fell the duke, his joints dissolved asunder.
For one people to dissolve the political bands which
have connected them with another. --The
3. To convert into a liquid by means of heat, moisture,
etc.,; to melt; to liquefy; to soften.
As if the world were all dissolved to tears. --Shak.
4. To solve; to clear up; to resolve. ``Dissolved the
Make interpretations and dissolve doubts. --Dan. v.
5. To relax by pleasure; to make powerless.
Angels dissolved in hallelujahs lie. --Dryden.
6. (Law) To annul; to rescind; to discharge or release; as,
to dissolve an injunction.
Syn: See Adjourn.
Meaning of Dissolved from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Dissolved