Definition of Solid. Meaning of Solid. Synonyms of Solid
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Solid. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Solid and, of course, Solid synonyms and on the right images related to the word Solid.
Definition of Solid
SolidSolid Sol"id, a. [L. solidus, probably akin to sollus whole,
entire, Gr. ???: cf. F. solide. Cf. Consolidate,Soda,
Solder, Soldier, Solemn.]
1. Having the constituent parts so compact, or so firmly
adhering, as to resist the impression or penetration of
other bodies; having a fixed form; hard; firm; compact; --
opposed to fluid and liquid or to plastic, like
clay, or to incompact, like sand.
2. Not hollow; full of matter; as, a solid globe or cone, as
distinguished from a hollow one; not spongy; dense;
hence, sometimes, heavy.
3. (Arith.) Having all the geometrical dimensions; cubic; as,
a solid foot contains 1,728 solid inches.
Note: In this sense, cubics now generally used.
4. Firm; compact; strong; stable; unyielding; as, a solid
pier; a solid pile; a solid wall.
5. Applied to a compound word whose parts are closely united
and form an unbroken word; -- opposed to hyphened. SolidSolid Sol"id, n.
1. A substance that is held in a fixed form by cohesion among
its particles; a substance not fluid.
2. (Geom.) A magnitude which has length, breadth, and
thickness; a part of space bounded on all sides.
Solid of revolution. (Geom.) See Revolution, n., 5.
Meaning of Solid from wikipedia
is one of the four fundamental states
(the others being
liquid, gas, and plasma). In solids molecules
packed. It is characterized...
- In object-oriented computer
programming, the term SOLID
is a mnemonic acronym
for five design principles intended
to make software designs
(Sequencing by Oligonucleotide Ligation
and Detection) is a next-generation DNA sequencing technology developed
by Life Technologies
and has been...
- A crystal
or crystalline solid
is a solid material whose constituents
(such as atoms, molecules, or ions) are arranged
in a highly ordered
- (from the Gr**** a, without, morphé, shape, form) or non-crystalline solid
is a solid
the long-range order
that is characteristic
of a crystal...
- Solid Snake
is a video
and one of the primary protagonists
of the Metal
Gear series created
by Hideo Kojima
- In geometry, a solid angle
(symbol: Ω) is a measure
of the amount
of the field
of view from some particular point
that a given object
covers. That is...
Land (Metal Gear 2: Solid
Snake). Later, Solid Snake meets Otacon
and opposes Liquid
then ****ists Raiden
is a battery technology
that uses both solid electrodes
of the liquid
or polymer electrolytes
- In three-dimensional space, a Platonic solid
is a regular, convex
polyhedron. It is constructed
(identical in shape
and size) regular
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Solid