Definition of Crude. Meaning of Crude. Synonyms of Crude
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Crude. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Crude and, of course, Crude synonyms and on the right images related to the word Crude.
Definition of Crude
CrudeCrude Crude (kr[udd]d), a. [Compar. Cruder (-[~e]r); superl.
Crudest.] [L. crudus raw; akin to cruor blood (which flows
from a wound). See Raw, and cf. Cruel.]
1. In its natural state; not cooked or prepared by fire or
heat; undressed; not altered, refined, or prepared for use
by any artificial process; raw; as, crude flesh. ``Common
crude salt.' --Boyle.
Molding to its will each successive deposit of the
crude materials. --I. Taylor.
2. Unripe; not mature or perfect; immature.
I come to pluck your berries harsh and crude.
3. Not reduced to order or form; unfinished; not arranged or
prepared; ill-considered; immature. ``Crude projects.'
Crude, undigested masses of suggestion, furnishing
rather raw materials for composition. --De Quincey.
The originals of Nature in their crude Conception.
4. Undigested; unconcocted; not brought into a form to give
nourishment. ``Crude and inconcoct.' --Bacon.
5. Having, or displaying, superficial and undigested
knowledge; without culture or profundity; as, a crude
6. (Paint.) Harsh and offensive, as a color; tawdry or in bad
taste, as a combination of colors, or any design or work
Meaning of Crude from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Crude