Definition of Flows. Meaning of Flows. Synonyms of Flows
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Flows. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Flows and, of course, Flows synonyms and on the right images related to the word Flows.
Definition of Flows
FlowFlow Flow (fl[=o]), obs.
imp. sing. of Fly, v. i. --Chaucer. FlowFlow Flow (fl[=o]), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Flowed (fl[=o]d); p.
pr. & vb. n. Flowing.] [AS. fl[=o]wan; akin to D. vloeijen,
OHG. flawen to wash, Icel. fl[=o]a to deluge, Gr. plw`ein to
float, sail, and prob. ultimately to E. float, fleet.
[root]80. Cf. Flood.]
1. To move with a continual change of place among the
particles or parts, as a fluid; to change place or
circulate, as a liquid; as, rivers flow from springs and
lakes; tears flow from the eyes.
2. To become liquid; to melt.
The mountains flowed down at thy presence. --Is.
3. To proceed; to issue forth; as, wealth flows from industry
Those thousand decencies that daily flow From all
her words and actions. --Milton.
4. To glide along smoothly, without harshness or asperties;
as, a flowing period; flowing numbers; to sound smoothly
to the ear; to be uttered easily.
Virgil is sweet and flowingin his hexameters.
5. To have or be in abundance; to abound; to full, so as to
run or flow over; to be copious.
In that day . . . the hills shall flow with milk.
The exhilaration of a night that needed not the
influence of the flowing bowl. --Prof.
6. To hang loose and waving; as, a flowing mantle; flowing
The imperial purple flowing in his train. --A.
7. To rise, as the tide; -- opposed to ebb; as, the tide
flows twice in twenty-four hours.
The river hath thrice flowed, no ebb between.
8. To discharge blood in excess from the uterus.
Flow Flow, v. t.
1. To cover with water or other liquid; to overflow; to
inundate; to flood.
2. To cover with varnish.
FlowFlow Flow, n.
1. A stream of water or other fluid; a current; as, a flow of
water; a flow of blood.
2. A continuous movement of something abundant; as, a flow of
3. Any gentle, gradual movement or procedure of thought,
diction, music, or the like, resembling the quiet, steady
movement of a river; a stream.
The feast of reason and the flow of soul. --Pope.
4. The tidal setting in of the water from the ocean to the
shore. See Ebb and flow, under Ebb.
5. A low-lying piece of watery land; -- called also flow
moss and flow bog. [Scot.] --Jamieson.
Meaning of Flows from wikipedia
- that, if the edge has gain g, and an amount
into the edge at its tail, then an amount
out at the head. In a source localization
(fluid) or fluid
dynamics, the motion
of a gas or liquid Flow
(geomorphology), a type of slope movement
in geomorphology Flow
- pyroclastic flows
1 to 10 cubic kilometres
kilometres. Flows usually consist
of two parts: the basal flow
hugs the ground...
- Bernoulli's equation
can completely describe
everywhere. Such flows
are called potential flows
the velocity field
may be expressed
- flowing towards
an ocean, sea, lake or another
river. In some cases
a river flows
into the ground
dry at the end of its course without
- all flows involved
or a subset
of those flows
. Subset terms include
net cash flow
and free cash flow
. The (total) net cash flow
also have natural meanings
in many contexts outside
of economics, business
fields. Thus stocks
of a lava flow
or volcano. More fluid basaltic
tend to form flat sheet-like bodies, whereas viscous rhyolite
lava flows forms
is an open-source workflow engine written
in Java that can execute business processes described
in BPMN 2.0. It is an actively maintained
- In financial
accounting, a cash flow
statement, also known
of cash flows
, is a financial statement
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Flows