Definition of Chap. Meaning of Chap. Synonyms of Chap
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Chap.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Chap and, of course, Chap synonyms and on the right images related to the word Chap.
Definition of Chap
Chap Chap (ch[a^]p), n. [Perh. abbreviated fr. chapman, but
used in a more general sense; or cf. Dan. ki[ae]ft jaw,
person, E. chap jaw.]
1. A buyer; a chapman. [Obs.]
If you want to sell, here is your chap. --Steele.
2. A man or boy; a youth; a fellow. [Colloq.]
Chap Chap, v. i.
1. To crack or open in slits; as, the earth chaps; the hands
2. To strike; to knock; to rap. [Scot.]
ChapChap Chap, v. i. [See Cheapen.]
To bargain; to buy. [Obs.] ChapChap Chap, n. [From Chap, v. t. & i.]
1. A cleft, crack, or chink, as in the surface of the earth,
or in the skin.
2. A division; a breach, as in a party. [Obs.]
Many clefts and chaps in our council board. --T.
3. A blow; a rap. [Scot.] ChapChap Chap (ch[o^]p), n. [OE. chaft; of Scand. origin; cf. Icel
kjaptr jaw, Sw. K["a]ft, D. ki[ae]ft; akin to G. kiefer, and
E. jowl. Cf. Chops.]
1. One of the jaws or the fleshy covering of a jaw; --
commonly in the plural, and used of animals, and
colloquially of human beings.
His chaps were all besmeared with crimson blood.
He unseamed him [Macdonald] from the nave to the
2. One of the jaws or cheeks of a vise, etc.
Meaning of Chap from wikipedia
- Look up chap
in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Chap
(instrument), a Southeast Asian percussion instrument Chap Petersen
- The Maendeleo Chap Chap Party
(MCC) is a political party
in Kenya. The MCC was established
County, on 25 August...
." The "timbre or tone" change
at an angle. There
are two kinds
lek and chap
yai. A chap
- The Chap
is a British humorous
men's lifestyle magazine published
quarterly. It was founded
in 1999 by Gustav Temple
and Vic Darkwood, and is still
is the Microsoft version
of the Challenge-Handshake Authentication
. The protocol exists
in two versions, MS-CHAPv1 (defined in RFC...
- Chap Chap
(Persian: چپ چپ, also Romanized
and Chop Chop) is a village
in Zanjanrud-e Pain Rural
- Authentication Protocol
) is an authentication protocol originally
used by Point-to-Point Protocol
(PPP) to validate
is also carried
- In molecular
biology, the CHAP domain
is a region between
110 and 140 amino acids
that is found
from bacteria, bacteriophages, archaea
- Chap boots
are a form of footwear. They are tall boots which cover
leg up to the crotch, with a strap attached
to the outer
- sucesos" (16th–18th centuries). Bibliographical database
of more than 5,000 chap
-books, pamphlets, Early modern press
news, etc. Facsimilar reproduction
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Chap