Definition of Warp fabric. Meaning of Warp fabric. Synonyms of Warp fabric
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Warp fabric. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Warp fabric and, of course, Warp fabric synonyms and on the right images related to the word Warp fabric.
Definition of Warp fabric
Warp fabricWarp Warp, n. [AS. wearp; akin to Icel. varp a casting,
throwing, Sw. varp the draught of a net, Dan. varp a towline,
OHG. warf warp, G. werft. See Warp, v.]
1. (Weaving) The threads which are extended lengthwise in the
loom, and crossed by the woof.
2. (Naut.) A rope used in hauling or moving a vessel, usually
with one end attached to an anchor, a post, or other fixed
object; a towing line; a warping hawser.
3. (Agric.) A slimy substance deposited on land by tides,
etc., by which a rich alluvial soil is formed. --Lyell.
4. A premature casting of young; -- said of cattle, sheep,
etc. [Prov. Eng.]
5. Four; esp., four herrings; a cast. See Cast, n., 17.
[Prov. Eng.] --Wright.
6. [From Warp, v.] The state of being warped or twisted;
as, the warp of a board.
Warp beam, the roller on which the warp is wound in a loom.
Warp fabric, fabric produced by warp knitting.
Warp frame, or Warp-net frame, a machine for making warp
lace having a number of needles and employing a thread for
Warp knitting, a kind of knitting in which a number of
threads are interchained each with one or more contiguous
threads on either side; -- also called warp weaving.
Warp lace, or Warp net, lace having a warp crossed by
Meaning of Warp fabric from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Warp fabric