Definition of Divided. Meaning of Divided. Synonyms of Divided
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Divided. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Divided and, of course, Divided synonyms and on the right images related to the word Divided.
Definition of Divided
DividedDivide Di*vide", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Divided; p. pr. & vb.
n. Dividing.] [L. dividere, divisum; di- = dis- + root
signifying to part; cf. Skr. vyadh to pierce; perh. akin to
L. vidua widow, and E. widow. Cf. Device, Devise.]
1. To part asunder (a whole); to sever into two or more parts
or pieces; to sunder; to separate into parts.
Divide the living child in two. --1 Kings iii.
2. To cause to be separate; to keep apart by a partition, or
by an imaginary line or limit; as, a wall divides two
houses; a stream divides the towns.
Let it divide the waters from the waters. --Gen. i.
3. To make partition of among a number; to apportion, as
profits of stock among proprietors; to give in shares; to
distribute; to mete out; to share.
True justice unto people to divide. --Spenser.
Ye shall divide the land by lot. --Num. xxxiii.
4. To disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant or
hostile; to set at variance.
If a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom
can not stand. --Mark iii.
Every family became now divided within itself.
5. To separate into two parts, in order to ascertain the
votes for and against a measure; as, to divide a
legislative house upon a question.
6. (Math.) To subject to arithmetical division.
7. (Logic) To separate into species; -- said of a genus or
8. (Mech.) To mark divisions on; to graduate; as, to divide a
9. (Music) To play or sing in a florid style, or with
variations. [Obs.] --Spenser.
Syn: To sever; dissever; sunder; cleave; disjoin; disunite;
detach; disconnect; part; distribute; share.
Divided Di*vid"ed, a.
1. Parted; disunited; distributed.
2. (Bot.) Cut into distinct parts, by incisions which reach
the midrib; -- said of a leaf.
Meaning of Divided from wikipedia
as 20 / 5 = 4, or 20/5 = 4. What is being divided
the dividend, which
by the divisor, and the result
- (disambiguation) Divided
sign (÷) The Divide
line) All pages...
- general divided
differences. Note that the "divided
portion" from forward divided difference
be computed, to recover
the forward divided
- The Divide
to: The Divide
(novel), a 1980 alternate history novel
by William Overgard
by Nicholas Evans
2005 The Divide
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
is an action
Montréal and published worldwide
Enix in August
2016 for Microsoft...
- com. "The Divided
- Demo (EP) | EP / Album Reviews
| hevypetal". Web.archive.org. 11 January
2020. "The Divided Announce
- The House Divided Speech
was an address given
Lincoln, later President
of the United
States, on June 16, 1858, at what was then the Illinois...
- (509d–510a), Plato describes
line this way: Now take a line which
has been cut into two unequal
parts, and divide
each of them again
in the same...
of and means
the digital divide
. The former describes phenomena
such as the divided
that make up sites
and rule (Latin: divide
et impera), or divide
and conquer, in politics
and maintaining power
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Divided