Definition of Divided. Meaning of Divided. Synonyms of Divided
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Divided. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Divided and, of course, Divided synonyms and on the right images related to the word Divided.
Definition of Divided
DividedDivide Di*vide", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Divided; p. pr. & vb.
n. Dividing.] [L. dividere, divisum; di- = dis- + root
signifying to part; cf. Skr. vyadh to pierce; perh. akin to
L. vidua widow, and E. widow. Cf. Device, Devise.]
1. To part asunder (a whole); to sever into two or more parts
or pieces; to sunder; to separate into parts.
Divide the living child in two. --1 Kings iii.
2. To cause to be separate; to keep apart by a partition, or
by an imaginary line or limit; as, a wall divides two
houses; a stream divides the towns.
Let it divide the waters from the waters. --Gen. i.
3. To make partition of among a number; to apportion, as
profits of stock among proprietors; to give in shares; to
distribute; to mete out; to share.
True justice unto people to divide. --Spenser.
Ye shall divide the land by lot. --Num. xxxiii.
4. To disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant or
hostile; to set at variance.
If a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom
can not stand. --Mark iii.
Every family became now divided within itself.
5. To separate into two parts, in order to ascertain the
votes for and against a measure; as, to divide a
legislative house upon a question.
6. (Math.) To subject to arithmetical division.
7. (Logic) To separate into species; -- said of a genus or
8. (Mech.) To mark divisions on; to graduate; as, to divide a
9. (Music) To play or sing in a florid style, or with
variations. [Obs.] --Spenser.
Syn: To sever; dissever; sunder; cleave; disjoin; disunite;
detach; disconnect; part; distribute; share.
Divided Di*vid"ed, a.
1. Parted; disunited; distributed.
2. (Bot.) Cut into distinct parts, by incisions which reach
the midrib; -- said of a leaf.
Meaning of Divided from wikipedia
a set of size 20 is divided
. For example, 20 apples divide
into four groups
of five apples, meaning
that twenty divided
by five is equal
- (disambiguation) Divided
(÷) The Divide
(disambiguation) All pages
with titles beginning
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
is an action
Montréal and published worldwide
Enix in August
2016 for Microsoft...
- The Divide
to: The Divide
(novel), a 1980 alternate history novel
by William Overgard
by Nicholas Evans
2005 The Divide
- an attempt
by zero. Depending
on the programming environment
and the type of number
point, integer) being divided
by zero, it may...
- R. Isley, O. Isley, C. Jasper) – 4:01 "Divided Highway
- The Doobie
Brothers". AllMusic. 2003-02-25. Retrieved
- the Room: How the Brilliant, Bombastic Roger Ailes Built
Fox News - and Divided
is a 2014 biographical
Fox News Channel
- and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself
to desolation; and every
city or house divided against itself shall
not stand") and...
- The House Divided Speech
was an address given
Lincoln, later President
of the United
States, on June 16, 1858, at what was then the Illinois...
- – b**** (2010–2012) Screamo.co.uk Onslaught Radio
Demo EP Review
Hevypetal.com CleanSlateMusic.org The Divided
The Divided Official
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Divided