Definition of Tragic. Meaning of Tragic. Synonyms of Tragic
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Tragic. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Tragic and, of course, Tragic synonyms and on the right images related to the word Tragic.
Definition of Tragic
Tragic Trag"ic, n.
1. A writer of tragedy. [Obs.]
2. A tragedy; a tragic drama. [Obs.]
TragicTragic Trag"ic, Tragical Trag"ic*al, a. [L. tragicus, Gr.?:
cf. F. tragique.]
1. Of or pertaining to tragedy; of the nature or character of
tragedy; as, a tragic poem; a tragic play or
2. Fatal to life; mournful; terrible; calamitous; as, the
tragic scenes of the French revolution.
3. Mournful; expressive of tragedy, the loss of life, or of
Why look you still so stern and tragical ? --Shak.
-- Trag"ic*al*ly, adv. -- Trag"ic*al*ness, n.
Meaning of Tragic from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Tragic