Definition of Surrounding. Meaning of Surrounding. Synonyms of Surrounding
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Surrounding.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Surrounding and, of course, Surrounding synonyms and on the right images related to the word Surrounding.
Definition of Surrounding
Surrounding Sur*round"ing, a.
Surrounding Sur*round"ing, n.
1. An encompassing.
2. pl. The things which surround or environ; external or
attending circumstances or conditions.
SurroundingSurround Sur*round", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Surrounded; p. pr.
& vb. n. Surrounding.] [OF. suronder to overflow, LL.
superundare; fr. L. super over + undare to rise in waves,
overflow, fr. unda wave. The English sense is due to the
influence of E. round. See Super-, and Undulate, and cf.
1. To inclose on all sides; to encompass; to environ.
2. To lie or be on all sides of; to encircle; as, a wall
surrounds the city.
But could instead, and ever-during dark Surrounds
3. To pass around; to travel about; to circumnavigate; as, to
surround the world. [Obs.] --Fuller.
4. (Mil.) To inclose, as a body of troops, between hostile
forces, so as to cut off means of communication or
retreat; to invest, as a city.
Syn: To encompass; encircle; environ; invest; hem in; fence
Meaning of Surrounding from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Surrounding