Definition of Receipt. Meaning of Receipt. Synonyms of Receipt
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Receipt. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Receipt and, of course, Receipt synonyms and on the right images related to the word Receipt.
Definition of Receipt
ReceiptReceipt Re*ceipt", n. [OE. receite, OF. recete, recepte, F.
recette, fr. L. recipere, receptum, to receive. See
1. The act of receiving; reception. ``At the receipt of your
2. Reception, as an act of hospitality. [Obs.]
Thy kind receipt of me. --Chapman.
3. Capability of receiving; capacity. [Obs.]
It has become a place of great receipt. --Evelyn.
4. Place of receiving. [Obs.]
He saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt
of custom. --Matt. ix. 9.
5. Hence, a recess; a retired place. [Obs.] ``In a retired
receipt together lay.' --Chapman.
6. A formulary according to the directions of which things
are to be taken or combined; a recipe; as, a receipt for
making sponge cake.
She had a receipt to make white hair black. --Sir T.
7. A writing acknowledging the taking or receiving of goods
delivered; an acknowledgment of money paid.
8. That which is received; that which comes in, in
distinction from what is expended, paid out, sent away,
and the like; -- usually in the plural; as, the receipts
amounted to a thousand dollars.
Cross receipts. See under Gross, a. ReceiptReceipt Re*ceipt", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Receipted; p. pr. &
vb. n. Receipting.]
1. To give a receipt for; as, to receipt goods delivered by a
2. To put a receipt on, as by writing or stamping; as, to
receipt a bill.
Receipt Re*ceipt", v. i.
To give a receipt, as for money paid.
Meaning of Receipt from wikipedia
- A receipt
as a ****ng list, ****ng slip, packaging
slip, (delivery) docket, shipping
list, bill of parcel, manifest
- The electronic receipt
is an electronic Receipt
of any product
that was purchased. Digital receipts
sent via e-mail...
- A depositary receipt
(DR) is a negotiable financial instrument issued
by a bank to represent
company's publicly traded
securities. The depositary...
- A taxpayer receipt
is a proposed receipt given
show the division
of the citizens
paid tax into different areas
- A global depository receipt
(GDR and sometimes spelled
depositary) is a general
name for a depositary receipt where
a certificate issued
by a depository...
a read-receipt tracking
mechanism. The sender selects
the receipt request option prior
the message, and...
- A warehouse receipt
is a do****ent that provides proof
(e.g., bars of copper) that are stored
in a warehouse, vault, or depository...
- In email, a return receipt
is an acknowledgment
by the recipient's email client
to the sender
of an email
message. What acknowledgment, if...
- An American depositary receipt
(AD, and sometimes spelled
depository) is a negotiable security
that represents securities
of a company
- many countries, which allows
the sender proof
via a mailing receipt
and, upon request, electronic verification
that an article
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Receipt