Definition of Tugboat. Meaning of Tugboat. Synonyms of Tugboat
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Tugboat. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Tugboat and, of course, Tugboat synonyms and on the right images related to the word Tugboat.
Definition of Tugboat
TugboatTugboat Tug"boat`, n.
See Tug, n., 3. tugboatTug Tug, n.
1. A pull with the utmost effort, as in the athletic contest
called tug of war; a supreme effort.
At the tug he falls, Vast ruins come along, rent
from the smoking walls. --Dryden.
2. A sort of vehicle, used for conveying timber and heavy
articles. [Prov. Eng.] --Halliwell.
3. (Naut.) A small, powerful steamboat used to tow vessels;
-- called also steam tug, tugboat, and towboat.
4. A trace, or drawing strap, of a harness.
5. (Mining.) An iron hook of a hoisting tub, to which a
tackle is affixed.
Tug iron, an iron hook or button to which a tug or trace
may be attached, as on the shaft of a wagon.
Meaning of Tugboat from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Tugboat