Definition of Read. Meaning of Read. Synonyms of Read
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Read. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Read and, of course, Read synonyms and on the right images related to the word Read.
Definition of Read
ReadRead Read, n.
Rennet. See 3d Reed. [Prov. Eng.] ReadRead Read, n. [AS. r[=ae]d counsel, fr. r[=ae]dan to counsel.
See Read, v. t.]
1. Saying; sentence; maxim; hence, word; advice; counsel. See
2. [Read, v.] Reading. [Colloq.] --Hume.
One newswoman here lets magazines for a penny a
Read Read, a.
Instructed or knowing by reading; versed in books; learned.
A poet . . . well read in Longinus. --Addison.
imp. & p. p. of Read, v. t. & i. ReadRead Read, v. t.
1. To give advice or counsel. [Obs.]
2. To tell; to declare. [Obs.] --Spenser.
3. To perform the act of reading; to peruse, or to go over
and utter aloud, the words of a book or other like
So they read in the book of the law of God
distinctly, and gave the sense. --Neh. viii.
4. To study by reading; as, he read for the bar.
5. To learn by reading.
I have read of an Eastern king who put a judge to
death for an iniquitous sentence. --Swift.
6. To appear in writing or print; to be expressed by, or
consist of, certain words or characters; as, the passage
reads thus in the early manuscripts.
7. To produce a certain effect when read; as, that sentence
To read between the lines, to infer something different
from what is plainly indicated; to detect the real meaning
as distinguished from the apparent meaning.
Meaning of Read from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Read