Definition of Pass book. Meaning of Pass book. Synonyms of Pass book
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Pass book. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Pass book and, of course, Pass book synonyms and on the right images related to the word Pass book.
Definition of Pass book
Pass bookPass Pass, n. [Cf. F. pas (for sense 1), and passe, fr. passer
to pass. See Pass, v. i.]
1. An opening, road, or track, available for passing;
especially, one through or over some dangerous or
otherwise impracticable barrier; a passageway; a defile; a
ford; as, a mountain pass.
``Try not the pass!' the old man said.
2. (Fencing) A thrust or push; an attempt to stab or strike
an adversary. --Shak.
3. A movement of the hand over or along anything; the
manipulation of a mesmerist.
4. (Rolling Metals) A single passage of a bar, rail, sheet,
etc., between the rolls.
5. State of things; condition; predicament.
Have his daughters brought him to this pass. --Shak.
Matters have been brought to this pass. --South.
6. Permission or license to pass, or to go and come; a
psssport; a ticket permitting free transit or admission;
as, a railroad or theater pass; a military pass.
A ship sailing under the flag and pass of an enemy.
7. Fig.: a thrust; a sally of wit. --Shak.
8. Estimation; character. [Obs.]
Common speech gives him a worthy pass. --Shak.
9. [Cf. Passus.] A part; a division. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
Pass boat (Naut.), a punt, or similar boat.
(a) A book in which a trader enters articles bought on
credit, and then passes or sends it to the purchaser.
(b) See Bank book.
Pass box (Mil.), a wooden or metallic box, used to carry
cartridges from the service magazine to the piece.
Pass check, a ticket of admission to a place of
entertainment, or of readmission for one who goes away in
expectation of returning.
Meaning of Pass book from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Pass book