Definition of Times. Meaning of Times. Synonyms of Times
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Times. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Times and, of course, Times synonyms and on the right images related to the word Times.
Definition of Times
TimeTime Time, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Timed; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To appoint the time for; to bring, begin, or perform at
the proper season or time; as, he timed his appearance
There is no greater wisdom than well to time the
beginnings and onsets of things. --Bacon.
2. To regulate as to time; to accompany, or agree with, in
time of movement.
Who overlooked the oars, and timed the stroke.
He was a thing of blood, whose every motion Was
timed with dying cries. --Shak.
3. To ascertain or record the time, duration, or rate of; as,
to time the speed of horses, or hours for workmen.
4. To measure, as in music or harmony.
Time Time, v. i.
1. To keep or beat time; to proceed or move in time.
With oar strokes timing to their song. --Whittier.
2. To pass time; to delay. [Obs.]
Meaning of Times from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Times