Definition of Labels. Meaning of Labels. Synonyms of Labels
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Labels. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Labels and, of course, Labels synonyms and on the right images related to the word Labels.
Definition of Labels
LabelLabel La"bel, n. [OF. label sort of ribbon or fringe, label in
heraldry, F. lambeau shred, strip, rag; of uncertain origin;
cf. L. labellum, dim. of labrum lip, edge, margin, G. lappen
flap, patch, rag, tatter (cf. Lap of a dress), W. llab,
llabed, label, flap, Gael. leab, leob, slice, shred, hanging
1. A tassel. [Obs.] --Huloet. Fuller.
2. A slip of silk, paper, parchment, etc., affixed to
anything, usually by an inscription, the contents,
ownership, destination, etc.; as, the label of a bottle or
3. A slip of ribbon, parchment, etc., attached to a document
to hold the appended seal; also, the seal.
4. A writing annexed by way of addition, as a codicil added
to a will.
5. (Her.) A barrulet, or, rarely, a bendlet, with pendants,
or points, usually three, especially used as a mark of
cadency to distinguish an eldest or only son while his
father is still living.
6. A brass rule with sights, formerly used, in connection
with a circumferentor, to take altitudes. --Knight.
7. (Gothic Arch.) The name now generally given to the
projecting molding by the sides, and over the tops, of
openings in medi[ae]val architecture. It always has a
?quare form, as in the illustration. --Arch. Pub. Soc.
8. In medi[ae]val art, the representation of a band or scroll
containing an inscription. --Fairholt. LabelLabel La"bel, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Labeledor Labelled; p.
pr. & vb. n. Labeling or Labelling.]
1. To affix a label to; to mark with a name, etc.; as, to
label a bottle or a package.
2. To affix in or on a label. [R.]
Meaning of Labels from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Labels