Definition of Indent. Meaning of Indent. Synonyms of Indent
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Indent. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Indent and, of course, Indent synonyms and on the right images related to the word Indent.
Definition of Indent
Indent In*dent", v. i.
1. To be cut, notched, or dented.
2. To crook or turn; to wind in and out; to zigzag.
3. To contract; to bargain or covenant. --Shak.
To indent and drive bargains with the Almighty.
Indent In*dent", n.
1. A cut or notch in the man gin of anything, or a recess
like a notch. --Shak.
2. A stamp; an impression. [Obs.]
3. A certificate, or intended certificate, issued by the
government of the United States at the close of the
Revolution, for the principal or interest of the public
debt. --D. Ramsay. A. Hamilton.
4. (Mil.) A requisition or order for supplies, sent to the
commissariat of an army. [India] --Wilhelm.
IndentIndent In*dent", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Indented; p. pr. & vb.
n. Indenting.] [OE. endenten to notch, fit in, OF.
endenter, LL. indentare, fr. L. in + dens, dentis, tooth. See
Tooth, and cf. Indenture.]
1. To notch; to jag; to cut into points like a row of teeth;
as, to indent the edge of paper.
2. To dent; to stamp or to press in; to impress; as, indent a
smooth surface with a hammer; to indent wax with a stamp.
3. [Cf. Indenture.] To bind out by indenture or contract;
to indenture; to apprentice; as, to indent a young man to
a shoemaker; to indent a servant.
4. (Print.) To begin (a line or lines) at a greater or less
distance from the margin; as, to indent the first line of
a paragraph one em; to indent the second paragraph two ems
more than the first. See Indentation, and Indention.
5. (Mil.) To make an order upon; to draw upon, as for
military stores. [India] --Wilhelm.
Meaning of Indent from wikipedia
(album), a 1973 free jazz album
by Cecil Taylor indent
(Unix), a computer program
that formats programming language files
is the GNU Project's version
. A different indentation
style, the GNU style, is used by default. UniversalIndent
it is used as secondary
notation. Rather, indenting helps better convey
of a program
- In the written
form of many languages, an indentation
is an empty space
at the beginning
of a line to signal
of a new paragraph. Many...
is a live album
by Cecil Taylor recorded
1973, originally released
on Taylor's own Unit Core label
- on behalf
party. Indent agents
or indenting agents
(or firms) are alternative terms
agents. An indent
is an order
of an indentation
left by a specifically dimensioned
and loaded indenter
. Common indentation hardness scales
are Rockwell, Vickers, S****, and Brinell...
- enterprise resource planning system
is a purchase order often placed through
agent) under specified conditions
languages, where indenting
has no com****tional meaning
and indent style
is only a matter
of coding conventions
- Professionally printed material
in English typically
does not indent
paragraph, but indents those
that follow. For example, Robert Bringhurst
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Indent