Definition of Hunts. Meaning of Hunts. Synonyms of Hunts
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Hunts. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Hunts and, of course, Hunts synonyms and on the right images related to the word Hunts.
Definition of Hunts
Hunt Hunt, v. i.
1. (Mach.) To be in a state of instability of movement or
forced oscillation, as a governor which has a large
movement of the balls for small change of load, an
arc-lamp clutch mechanism which moves rapidly up and down
with variations of current, or the like; also, to seesaw,
as a pair of alternators working in parallel.
2. (Change Ringing) To shift up and down in order regularly.
Hunt Hunt, v. t. (Change Ringing)
To move or shift the order of (a bell) in a regular course of
HuntHunt Hunt, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hunted; p. pr. & vb. n.
Hunting.] [AS. huntian to hunt; cf. hentan to follow,
pursue, Goth. hin?an (in comp.) to seize. [root]36. Cf.
1. To search for or follow after, as game or wild animals; to
chase; to pursue for the purpose of catching or killing;
to follow with dogs or guns for sport or exercise; as, to
hunt a deer.
Like a dog, he hunts in dreams. --Tennyson.
2. To search diligently after; to seek; to pursue; to follow;
-- often with out or up; as, to hunt up the facts; to hunt
Evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
--Ps. cxl. 11.
3. To drive; to chase; -- with down, from, away, etc.; as, to
hunt down a criminal; he was hunted from the parish.
4. To use or manage in the chase, as hounds.
He hunts a pack of dogs. --Addison.
5. To use or traverse in pursuit of game; as, he hunts the
woods, or the country.
Hunt Hunt, n.
1. The act or practice of chasing wild animals; chase;
The hunt is up; the morn is bright and gray. --Shak.
2. The game secured in the hunt. [Obs.] --Shak.
3. A pack of hounds. [Obs.]
4. An association of huntsmen.
5. A district of country hunted over.
Every landowner within the hunt. --London
Meaning of Hunts from wikipedia
in 1888, in Sebastopol, California, as the Hunt
****ng Co. by Joseph
and William Hunt
. The brothers relocated
to nearby Santa
- Witch-hunts first appeared
in large numbers
in southern France
and Switzerland during
the 14th and 15th centuries. The peak years
- The Hunts
, by Amelia
Biagioni, is a book of poems written originally
in Spanish. A bilingual edition
of an astonishing poetic cycle
Montola, scavenger hunts evolved
folk games. Gossip columnist
po****rized scavenger hunts
in the United States
- The Hunt
to: The Hunt
(2006 film), an American
film about hunters
who encounter extraterrestrials
- (2004)p. 160 Jones, Adam. "Case Study: The European
, c. 1450–1750 and Witch-Hunts
- (The) Hunted
Dirk Bogarde, 1952 The Hunted
(1948 film), a film noir featuring Preston Foster
- to cover
a wider range
. In recent
times, Wolfgang Behringer
an overview about
witch-hunts throughout history
- (between Hunts Point
Points) each morning
at 7:15 a.m. A clubhouse
in 1913 at what is now 3655 Hunts Point
to the east, and the East River
to the south. Hunts Point Avenue
is the primary street through Hunts
Point. The neighborhood
is part of Bronx
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Hunts