Definition of Fires. Meaning of Fires. Synonyms of Fires
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Fires. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Fires and, of course, Fires synonyms and on the right images related to the word Fires.
Definition of Fires
FireFire Fire, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fired; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To set on fire; to kindle; as, to fire a house or chimney;
to fire a pile.
2. To subject to intense heat; to bake; to burn in a kiln;
as, to fire pottery.
3. To inflame; to irritate, as the passions; as, to fire the
soul with anger, pride, or revenge.
Love had fired my mind. --Dryden.
4. To animate; to give life or spirit to; as, to fire the
genius of a young man.
5. To feed or serve the fire of; as, to fire a boiler.
6. To light up as if by fire; to illuminate.
[The sun] fires the proud tops of the eastern pines.
7. To cause to explode; as, to fire a torpedo; to disharge;
as, to fire a musket or cannon; to fire cannon balls,
8. To drive by fire. [Obs.]
Till my bad angel fire my good one out. --Shak.
9. (Far.) To cauterize.
To fire up, to light up the fires of, as of an engine. FireFire Fire, v. i.
1. To take fire; to be kindled; to kindle.
2. To be irritated or inflamed with passion.
3. To discharge artillery or firearms; as, they fired on the
To fire up, to grow irritated or angry. ``He . . . fired
up, and stood vigorously on his defense.' --Macaulay.
Meaning of Fires from wikipedia
all over the world
as a tool in landscape
management. These fires
were typically controlled burns
or "cool fires
", as opposed...
- Fires Within Fires
is the eleventh studio album
band Neurosis. The album
23, 2016, via the band's...
- On 8 March
2010, Friendly Fires released
New York city friends
Holy Ghost!. Friendly Fires covered
Holy Ghost!'s "Hold...
due to spotting. Ground fires typically
burn by smoldering, and can burn slowly
for days to months, such as peat fires
- children. In 1998, the Richardson
home catches fire
is suspected, as there
were multiple small fires
. The Richardson children believe
that the arsonist...
" is a song by English singer
Sam Smith, produced
Mac. It was co-written by Smith
and Mac for the Netflix reboot
of the 1972 novel...
- a list of historic fires
. Urban fires
are the most numerous
due to loss of life and property, but also included
- Light Little Fires
Photo". TVLine. Retrieved
June 11, 2019. Andreeva, Nellie
(March 12, 2018). "Hulu Nabs 'Little Fires
- in the Atash-i Vahram
was kept continuously
burning, with the Adaran fires being annually
the fires themselves
- military forces
in the Persian
Gulf War. The fires
1991, and the first
in early April
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Fires