Definition of Dichotomy. Meaning of Dichotomy. Synonyms of Dichotomy
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Dichotomy. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Dichotomy and, of course, Dichotomy synonyms and on the right images related to the word Dichotomy.
Definition of Dichotomy
DichotomyDichotomy Di*chot"o*my, n. [Gr. ?, fr. ?: cf. F. dichotomie.
1. A cutting in two; a division.
A general breach or dichotomy with their church.
2. Division or distribution of genera into two species;
division into two subordinate parts.
3. (Astron.) That phase of the moon in which it appears
bisected, or shows only half its disk, as at the
4. (Biol.) Successive division and subdivision, as of a stem
of a plant or a vein of the body, into two parts as it
proceeds from its origin; successive bifurcation.
5. The place where a stem or vein is forked.
6. (Logic) Division into two; especially, the division of a
class into two subclasses opposed to each other by
contradiction, as the division of the term man into white
and not white.
Meaning of Dichotomy from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Dichotomy