Definition of Corrupt. Meaning of Corrupt. Synonyms of Corrupt
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Corrupt. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Corrupt and, of course, Corrupt synonyms and on the right images related to the word Corrupt.
Definition of Corrupt
Corrupt Cor*rupt" (k?r-r?pt"), v. i.
1. To become putrid or tainted; to putrefy; to rot. --Bacon.
2. To become vitiated; to lose putity or goodness.
CorruptCorrupt Cor*rupt` (k?r-r?pt"), a. [L. corruptus, p. p. of
corrumpere to corrupt; cor- + rumpere to break. See
1. Changed from a sound to a putrid state; spoiled; tainted;
Who with such corrupt and pestilent bread would feed
2. Changed from a state of uprightness, correctness, truth,
etc., to a worse state; vitiated; depraved; debased;
perverted; as, corrupt language; corrupt judges.
At what ease Might corrupt minds procure knaves as
corrupt To swear against you. --Shak.
3. Abounding in errors; not genuine or correct; as, the text
of the manuscript is corrupt. CorruptCorrupt Cor*rupt", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Corrupted; p. pr. &
vb. n. Corrupting.]
1. To change from a sound to a putrid or putrescent state; to
make putrid; to putrefy.
2. To change from good to bad; to vitiate; to deprave; to
pervert; to debase; to defile.
Evil communications corrupt good manners. --1. Cor.
3. To draw aside from the path of rectitude and duty; as, to
corrupt a judge by a bribe.
Heaven is above all yet; there sits a Judge That no
king can corrupt. --Shak.
4. To debase or render impure by alterations or innovations;
to falsify; as, to corrupt language; to corrupt the sacred
He that makes an ill use of it [language], though he
does not corrupt the fountains of knowledge, . . .
yet he stops the pines. --Locke.
5. To waste, spoil, or consume; to make worthless.
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt. --Matt. vi.
Meaning of Corrupt from wikipedia
- influence certain actions which
, a third
party, or both (e) in which
the corrupt agent
has authority. Daniel
Kaufmann, from the...
- The term corrupt bargain refers
to three historic incidents
in American history
in which political agreement
- The Corruptor
is a 1999 American action thriller
Chow Yun-fat and Mark Wahlberg. The film was released
in the United...
- The Corrupted
is a British crime thriller directed
by Ron Scalpello
from a screenplay
by Nick Moorcroft. The film stars
Sam Claflin, Timothy
- the fact that new governments often confiscated previous
government's corruptly obtained
****ets. This encouraged officials
to stash their wealth
- The Racketeer Influenced
and Corrupt Organizations
(RICO) Act is a United States federal
law that provides
for extended criminal penalties
and a civil...
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices
Act of 1977 (FCPA) (15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1, et seq.) is a United States federal
law known primarily
for two of its main provisions:...
- Everythang's Corrupt
is the tenth studio album
by American rapper
Ice Cube, released
7, 2018 by Lench
Mob and Interscope
Records. It is his...
- alterations. Corrupt
may also refer
(1983 film), an Italian thriller
(1999 film), an American crime
" (Angel), an...
- street. When the time comes, Blakely apprehends
the corrupt detectives
Mitc**** and White
and the corrupt
(Vainus Rackstraw): better
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Corrupt