Definition of Challenging. Meaning of Challenging. Synonyms of Challenging
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Challenging.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Challenging and, of course, Challenging synonyms and on the right images related to the word Challenging.
Definition of Challenging
ChallengingChallenge Chal"lenge, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Challenged; p. pr.
& vb. n. Challenging.] [OE. chalengen to accuse, claim, OF.
chalengier, chalongier, to claim, accuse, dispute, fr. L.
calumniar to attack with false accusations. See Challenge,
n., and cf. Calumniate.]
1. To call to a contest of any kind; to call to answer; to
I challenge any man to make any pretense to power by
right of fatherhood. --Locke.
2. To call, invite, or summon to answer for an offense by
By this I challenge him to single fight. --Shak.
3. To claim as due; to demand as a right.
Challenge better terms. --Addison.
4. To censure; to blame. [Obs.]
He complained of the emperors . . . and challenged
them for that he had no greater revenues . . . from
5. (Mil.) To question or demand the countersign from (one who
attempts to pass the lines); as, the sentinel challenged
us, with ``Who comes there?'
6. To take exception to; question; as, to challenge the
accuracy of a statement or of a quotation.
7. (Law) To object to or take exception to, as to a juror, or
member of a court.
8. To object to the reception of the vote of, as on the
ground that the person in not qualified as a voter. [U.
To challenge to the array, favor, polls. See under
Meaning of Challenging from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Challenging