Definition of Breeding. Meaning of Breeding. Synonyms of Breeding
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Breeding. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Breeding and, of course, Breeding synonyms and on the right images related to the word Breeding.
Definition of Breeding
BreedingBreed Breed, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bred; p. pr. & vb. n.
Breeding.] [OE. breden, AS. br[=e]dan to nourish, cherish,
keep warm, from br[=o]d brood; akin to D. broeden to brood,
OHG. bruoten, G. br["u]ten. See Brood.]
1. To produce as offspring; to bring forth; to bear; to
procreate; to generate; to beget; to hatch.
Yet every mother breeds not sons alike. --Shak.
If the sun breed maggots in a dead dog. --Shak.
2. To take care of in infancy, and through the age of youth;
to bring up; to nurse and foster.
To bring thee forth with pain, with care to breed.
Born and bred on the verge of the wilderness.
3. To educate; to instruct; to form by education; to train;
-- sometimes followed by up.
But no care was taken to breed him a Protestant.
His farm may not remove his children too far from
him, or the trade he breeds them up in. --Locke.
4. To engender; to cause; to occasion; to originate; to
produce; as, to breed a storm; to breed disease.
Lest the place And my quaint habits breed
5. To give birth to; to be the native place of; as, a pond
breeds fish; a northern country breeds stout men.
6. To raise, as any kind of stock.
7. To produce or obtain by any natural process. [Obs.]
Children would breed their teeth with less danger.
Syn: To engender; generate; beget; produce; hatch; originate;
bring up; nourish; train; instruct.
Meaning of Breeding from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Breeding