Definition of Behind. Meaning of Behind. Synonyms of Behind
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Behind. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Behind and, of course, Behind synonyms and on the right images related to the word Behind.
Definition of Behind
BehindBehind Be*hind", prep. [AS. behindan; pref. be- + hindan. See
1. On the side opposite the front or nearest part; on the
back side of; at the back of; on the other side of; as,
behind a door; behind a hill.
A tall Brabanter, behind whom I stood. --Bp. Hall.
2. Left after the departure of, whether this be by removing
to a distance or by death.
A small part of what he left behind him. --Pope.
3. Left a distance by, in progress of improvement Hence:
Inferior to in dignity, rank, knowledge, or excellence, or
in any achievement.
I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
--2 Cor. xi.
Behind Be*hind", adv.
1. At the back part; in the rear. ``I shall not lag behind.'
2. Toward the back part or rear; backward; as, to look
3. Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view;
out of sight; remaining.
We can not be sure that there is no evidence behind.
4. Backward in time or order of succession; past.
Forgetting those things which are behind. --Phil.
5. After the departure of another; as, to stay behind.
Leave not a rack behind. --Shak.
Behind Be*hind", n.
The backside; the rump. [Low]
Meaning of Behind from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Behind