Definition of Bearers. Meaning of Bearers. Synonyms of Bearers
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Bearers. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Bearers and, of course, Bearers synonyms and on the right images related to the word Bearers.
Definition of Bearers
Bearer Bear"er, n.
1. One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries.
``Bearers of burdens.' --2 Chron. ii. 18. ``The bearer of
unhappy news.' --Dryden.
2. Specifically: One who assists in carrying a body to the
grave; a pallbearer. --Milton.
3. A palanquin carrier; also, a house servant. [India]
4. A tree or plant yielding fruit; as, a good bearer.
5. (Com.) One who holds a check, note, draft, or other order
for the payment of money; as, pay to bearer.
6. (Print.) A strip of reglet or other furniture to bear off
the impression from a blank page; also, a type or
type-high piece of metal interspersed in blank parts to
support the plate when it is shaved.
Meaning of Bearers from wikipedia
(carrier) or porter, a person
who carries objects Bearer
channel, a telecommunications
instrument, a type of do****ent...
role was the appointment
in the 23rd century
are mentioned several times
in the Bible. This officer...
- translations, 1922 – prose Agamemnon Libation Bearers Eumenides Gilbert
Murray, 1925 – verse
Agamemnon, Libation Bearers Louis
MacNeice, 1936 – verse
- training. Stretcher-bearers would
have received basic
first-aid training. The wounded soldier
had to wait until
the stretcher-bearers arrived
- Thus, although
are p****ion bearers
, not all p****ion bearers
are martyrs. Notable
p****ion bearers include
the brothers Boris
and Gleb, Alexander...
- set before
The Crystal Bearers
. The main protagonist
is Layle, a Clavat mercenary
and one of the four eponymous
". His crystal
- light, φέρω = carry, which roughly translates
as "light-bringer" Light Bearers
, a Seventh-day Adventist organization
co-directed by David
- Fur is a thick growth
of hair that covers
the skin of many animals. It is a defining characteristic
of mammals. It consists
of a combination
of oily guard...
- Bilbo, Frodo, and Samwise
are actually called
" in any of Tolkien's works. As Ring-bearers
, they were granted
p****age to the Undying
- A standard-bearer
is a person
(soldier or civilian) who bears
an emblem called
a standard, i.e. either
a type of flag or an inflexible
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Bearers