Definition of Await. Meaning of Await. Synonyms of Await
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Await. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Await and, of course, Await synonyms and on the right images related to the word Await.
Definition of Await
AwaitAwait A*wait", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Awaited; p. pr. & vb. n.
Awaiting.] [OF. awaitier, agaitier; ? (L. ad) + waitier,
gaitier to watch, F. guetter. See Wait.]
1. To watch for; to look out for. [Obs.]
2. To wait on, serve, or attend. [Obs.]
3. To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
Betwixt these rocky pillars Gabriel sat, Chief of
the angelic guards, awaiting night. --Milton.
4. To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a
glorious reward awaits the good.
O Eve, some farther change awaits us night.
Await A*wait", v. i.
1. To watch. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
2. To wait (on or upon). [Obs.]
3. To wait; to stay in waiting. --Darwin.
Await A*wait", n.
A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed. [Obs.]
Meaning of Await from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Await