Definition of Auricular. Meaning of Auricular. Synonyms of Auricular
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Auricular.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Auricular and, of course, Auricular synonyms and on the right images related to the word Auricular.
Definition of Auricular
AuricularAuricular Au*ric"u*lar ([add]*r[i^]k"[-u]*l[~e]r), a. [LL.
auricularis: cf. F. auriculaire. See Auricle.]
1. Of or pertaining to the ear, or to the sense of hearing;
as, auricular nerves.
2. Told in the ear, i. e., told privately; as, auricular
confession to the priest.
This next chapter is a penitent confession of the
king, and the strangest . . . that ever was
3. Recognized by the ear; known by the sense of hearing; as,
auricular evidence. ``Auricular assurance.' --Shak.
4. Received by the ear; known by report. ``Auricular
5. (Anat.) Pertaining to the auricles of the heart.
Auricular finger, the little finger; so called because it
can be readily introduced into the ear passage.
Meaning of Auricular from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Auricular