Definition of Articulate. Meaning of Articulate. Synonyms of Articulate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Articulate.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Articulate and, of course, Articulate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Articulate.
Definition of Articulate
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, a. [L. articulatus. See
1. Expressed in articles or in separate items or particulars.
2. Jointed; formed with joints; consisting of segments united
by joints; as, articulate animals or plants.
3. Distinctly uttered; spoken so as to be intelligible;
characterized by division into words and syllables; as,
articulate speech, sounds, words.
Total changes of party and articulate opinion.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, n. (Zo["o]l.)
An animal of the subkingdom Articulata.
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Articulated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Articulating].
1. To utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds
of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly.
2. To treat or make terms. [Obs.] --Shak.
3. To join or be connected by articulation.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. t.
1. To joint; to unite by means of a joint; to put together
with joints or at the joints.
2. To draw up or write in separate articles; to
particularize; to specify. [Obs.]
3. To form, as the elementary sounds; to utter in distinct
syllables or words; to enunciate; as, to articulate
letters or language. ``To articulate a word.' --Ray.
4. To express distinctly; to give utterance to.
Luther articulated himself upon a process that hand
already begun in the Christian church. --Bibliotheca
To . . . articulate the dumb, deep want of the
Meaning of Articulate from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Articulate