Definition of Articulate. Meaning of Articulate. Synonyms of Articulate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Articulate. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Articulate and, of course, Articulate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Articulate.
Definition of Articulate
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, a. [L. articulatus. See
1. Expressed in articles or in separate items or particulars.
2. Jointed; formed with joints; consisting of segments united
by joints; as, articulate animals or plants.
3. Distinctly uttered; spoken so as to be intelligible;
characterized by division into words and syllables; as,
articulate speech, sounds, words.
Total changes of party and articulate opinion.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, n. (Zo["o]l.)
An animal of the subkingdom Articulata.
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Articulated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Articulating].
1. To utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds
of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly.
2. To treat or make terms. [Obs.] --Shak.
3. To join or be connected by articulation.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. t.
1. To joint; to unite by means of a joint; to put together
with joints or at the joints.
2. To draw up or write in separate articles; to
particularize; to specify. [Obs.]
3. To form, as the elementary sounds; to utter in distinct
syllables or words; to enunciate; as, to articulate
letters or language. ``To articulate a word.' --Ray.
4. To express distinctly; to give utterance to.
Luther articulated himself upon a process that hand
already begun in the Christian church. --Bibliotheca
To . . . articulate the dumb, deep want of the
Meaning of Articulate from wikipedia
! is a board
game from Drumond
Park, for 4 to 20+ players
aged 12 and up. Articulate
! players describe words
from different categories
!, a board
game in which players describe words
from different categories Articulate
- An articulator
is a mechanical device
used in dentistry
to which casts
of the maxillary
(upper) and mandibular
are fixed, reproducing
into two types: p****ive articulators
and active articulators
. Active articulators
to p****ive articulators
, which remain
still, to produce...
- the movement
of the tongue, lips, jaw, and other speech organs
) in ways that make speech
is produced simply
- An articulating screen
is a liquid-crystal display
is not fixed, but rather
can be repositioned using
or pivot. The articulating
- 50°26′58″N 104°36′33″W / 50.449443°N 104.609170°W / 50.449443; -104.609170 Articulate
Ink is a printmaking collective formed
2010 in Regina, Saskatchewan...
- the occipital
bone. The sphenoid
bone is one of the seven bones
to form the orbit. Its shape somewhat resembles
that of a butterfly
- Richard Francis Burton
Snow. As part of Adventure
series, de Rothschild
led a field
- seven articulating bones
in each foot situated between
end of tibia
of the lower
leg and the metatarsus. The tarsus articulates
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Articulate