Definition of Articulate. Meaning of Articulate. Synonyms of Articulate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Articulate.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Articulate and, of course, Articulate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Articulate.
Definition of Articulate
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, a. [L. articulatus. See
1. Expressed in articles or in separate items or particulars.
2. Jointed; formed with joints; consisting of segments united
by joints; as, articulate animals or plants.
3. Distinctly uttered; spoken so as to be intelligible;
characterized by division into words and syllables; as,
articulate speech, sounds, words.
Total changes of party and articulate opinion.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, n. (Zo["o]l.)
An animal of the subkingdom Articulata.
ArticulateArticulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Articulated;
p. pr. & vb. n. Articulating].
1. To utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds
of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly.
2. To treat or make terms. [Obs.] --Shak.
3. To join or be connected by articulation.
Articulate Ar*tic"u*late, v. t.
1. To joint; to unite by means of a joint; to put together
with joints or at the joints.
2. To draw up or write in separate articles; to
particularize; to specify. [Obs.]
3. To form, as the elementary sounds; to utter in distinct
syllables or words; to enunciate; as, to articulate
letters or language. ``To articulate a word.' --Ray.
4. To express distinctly; to give utterance to.
Luther articulated himself upon a process that hand
already begun in the Christian church. --Bibliotheca
To . . . articulate the dumb, deep want of the
Meaning of Articulate from wikipedia
!, a board
game in which players describe words
from different categories Articulate
! is a board
game from Drumond
Park, for 4 to 20+ players
aged 12 and up with original concept
- An articulator
is a mechanical hinged device
used in dentistry
to which plaster casts
of the maxillary
(upper) and mandibular
(lower) jaw are fixed, reproducing...
- for protection. Two major groups
are recognized, articulate
and inarticulate. The word "articulate
" is used to describe
the tooth-and-groove features...
and p****ive articulator
need to be known. In most cases, the active articulators
are the lips and tongue. The p****ive articulator
is the surface
- Articulating paper
is a diagnostic
tool used in dentistry
to highlight occlusal contacts
and the distribution
forces. That is, it marks
su****ion or 'hunch'"; it must be based
on "specific and articulable
facts", "taken together
with rational inferences
is an American
w****ly public television
on the creative
by Irish-American journalist
Jim Cotter. Articulate
- 50°26′58″N 104°36′33″W / 50.449443°N 104.609170°W / 50.449443; -104.609170 Articulate
Ink is a printmaking collective formed
2010 in Regina, Saskatchewan...
- Spinal decompression
is a non-surgical procedure intended
to relieve pressure
on the spinal
cord or on one or more compressed nerve roots
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Articulate