Definition of Distribution. Meaning of Distribution. Synonyms of Distribution
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Distribution. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Distribution and, of course, Distribution synonyms and on the right images related to the word Distribution.
Definition of Distribution
DistributionDistribution Dis`tri*bu"tion, n. [L. distributio: cf. F.
1. The act of distributing or dispensing; the act of dividing
or apportioning among several or many; apportionment; as,
the distribution of an estate among heirs or children.
The phenomena of geological distribution are exactly
analogous to those of geography. --A. R.
2. Separation into parts or classes; arrangement of anything
into parts; disposition; classification.
3. That which is distributed. ``Our charitable
4. (Logic) A resolving a whole into its parts.
5. (Print.) The sorting of types and placing them in their
proper boxes in the cases.
6. (Steam Engine) The steps or operations by which steam is
supplied to and withdrawn from the cylinder at each stroke
of the piston; viz., admission, suppression or cutting
off, release or exhaust, and compression of exhaust steam
prior to the next admission.
Geographical distribution, the natural arrangements of
animals and plants in particular regions or districts.
Syn: Apportionments; allotment; dispensation; disposal;
dispersion; classification; arrangement.
Meaning of Distribution from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Distribution