Definition of Admissions. Meaning of Admissions. Synonyms of Admissions
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Admissions. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Admissions and, of course, Admissions synonyms and on the right images related to the word Admissions.
Definition of Admissions
AdmissionAdmission Ad*mis"sion, n. [L. admissio: cf. F. admission. See
1. The act or practice of admitting.
2. Power or permission to enter; admittance; entrance;
access; power to approach.
What numbers groan for sad admission there! --Young.
3. The granting of an argument or position not fully proved;
the act of acknowledging something ?serted;
The too easy admission of doctrines. --Macaulay.
4. (Law) Acquiescence or concurrence in a statement made by
another, and distinguishable from a confession in that an
admission presupposes prior inquiry by another, but a
confession may be made without such inquiry.
5. A fact, point, or statement admitted; as, admission made
out of court are received in evidence.
6. (Eng. Eccl. Law) Declaration of the bishop that he
approves of the presentee as a fit person to serve the
cure of the church to which he is presented. --Shipley.
Syn: Admittance; concession; acknowledgment; concurrence;
allowance. See Admittance.
Meaning of Admissions from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Admissions