Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Commitment. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Commitment and, of course, Commitment synonyms and on the right images related to the word Commitment.
Commitment Com*mit"ment, n.
1. The act of committing, or putting in charge, keeping, or
trust; consignment; esp., the act of committing to prison.
They were glad to compound for his bare commitment
to the Tower, whence he was within few days
2. A warrant or order for the imprisonment of a person; --
more frequently termed a mittimus.
3. The act of referring or intrusting to a committee for
consideration and report; as, the commitment of a petition
or a bill.
4. A doing, or perpetration, in a bad sense, as of a crime or
5. The act of pledging or engaging; the act of exposing,
endangering, or compromising; also, the state of being
pledged or engaged. --Hamilton.