Definition of Translations. Meaning of Translations. Synonyms of Translations
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Translations. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Translations and, of course, Translations synonyms and on the right images related to the word Translations.
Definition of Translations
TranslationTranslation Trans*la"tion, n. [F. translation, L. translatio a
transferring, translation, version. See Translate, and cf.
1. The act of translating, removing, or transferring;
removal; also, the state of being translated or removed;
as, the translation of Enoch; the translation of a bishop.
2. The act of rendering into another language;
interpretation; as, the translation of idioms is
3. That which is obtained by translating something a version;
as, a translation of the Scriptures.
4. (Rhet.) A transfer of meaning in a word or phrase, a
metaphor; a tralation. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
5. (Metaph.) Transfer of meaning by association; association
of ideas. --A. Tucker.
6. (Kinematics) Motion in which all the points of the moving
body have at any instant the same velocity and direction
of motion; -- opposed to rotation.
Meaning of Translations from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Translations