Definition of Translates. Meaning of Translates. Synonyms of Translates
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Translates. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Translates and, of course, Translates synonyms and on the right images related to the word Translates.
Definition of Translates
TranslateTranslate Trans*late", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Translated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Translating.] [f. translatus, used as p. p. of
transferre to transfer, but from a different root. See
Trans-, and Tolerate, and cf. Translation.]
1. To bear, carry, or remove, from one place to another; to
transfer; as, to translate a tree. [Archaic] --Dryden.
In the chapel of St. Catharine of Sienna, they show
her head- the rest of her body being translated to
2. To change to another condition, position, place, or
office; to transfer; hence, to remove as by death.
3. To remove to heaven without a natural death.
By faith Enoch was translated, that he should not
see death; and was not found, because God had
translatedhim. --Heb. xi. 5.
4. (Eccl.) To remove, as a bishop, from one see to another.
``Fisher, Bishop of Rochester, when the king would have
translated him from that poor bishopric to a better, . . .
5. To render into another language; to express the sense of
in the words of another language; to interpret; hence, to
explain or recapitulate in other words.
Translating into his own clear, pure, and flowing
language, what he found in books well known to the
world, but too bulky or too dry for boys and girls.
6. To change into another form; to transform.
Happy is your grace, That can translatethe
stubbornness of fortune Into so quiet and so sweet a
7. (Med.) To cause to remove from one part of the body to
another; as, to translate a disease.
8. To cause to lose senses or recollection; to entrance.
[Obs.] --J. Fletcher.
Translate Trans*late, v. i.
To make a translation; to be engaged in translation.
Meaning of Translates from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Translates