Definition of Spare. Meaning of Spare. Synonyms of Spare
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Spare. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Spare and, of course, Spare synonyms and on the right images related to the word Spare.
Definition of Spare
Spare Spare, n.
1. The act of sparing; moderation; restraint. [Obs.]
Killing for sacrifice, without any spare. --Holland.
2. Parsimony; frugal use. [Obs.] --Bacon.
Poured out their plenty without spite or spare.
3. An opening in a petticoat or gown; a placket. [Obs.]
4. That which has not been used or expended.
5. (Tenpins) The right of bowling again at a full set of
pins, after having knocked all the pins down in less than
three bowls. If all the pins are knocked down in one bowl
it is a double spare; in two bowls, a single spare.
Spare Spare, v. i.
1. To be frugal; not to be profuse; to live frugally; to be
I, who at some times spend, at others spare, Divided
between carelessness and care. --Pope.
2. To refrain from inflicting harm; to use mercy or
He will not spare in the day of vengeance. --Prov.
3. To desist; to stop; to refrain. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
SpareSpare Spare, a. [Compar. Sparer; superl. Sparest; -- not
used in all the senses of the word.] [AS. sp[ae]r sparing.
Cf. Spare, v. t. ]
1. Scanty; not abundant or plentiful; as, a spare diet.
2. Sparing; frugal; parsimonious; chary.
He was spare, but discreet of speech. --Carew.
3. Being over and above what is necessary, or what must be
used or reserved; not wanted, or not used; superfluous;
as, I have no spare time.
If that no spare clothes he had to give. --Spenser.
4. Held in reserve, to be used in an emergency; as, a spare
anchor; a spare bed or room.
5. Lean; wanting flesh; meager; thin; gaunt.
O, give me the spare men, and spare me the great
6. Slow. [Obs. or prov. Eng.] --Grose.
Meaning of Spare from wikipedia
(bowling) Austin Osman Spare Richard Spare Spare
part (logistics) Spare
- A spare
part is an item of inventory
used to replace failed
parts. Spare Parts
may also refer
to: Spare Parts
(album), by Status
Quo Spare Parts
- A spare
part, or replacement
part, is an interchangeable
part that is kept in an inventory
and used for the repair
- A hot spare
or warm spare
or hot standby
is used as a failover mechanism
to provide reliability
configurations. The hot spare
to: the plural
by Michael Marshall Smith
term for spare
parts, in logistics flight spares
are used for space...
- A spare
is a term used in bowling
that all of the pins have been knocked
ball of a frame
when not all the pins were...
- A spare
tire (or stepney) is an additional
tire (or tyre - see spelling
in a motor vehicle
as a replacement
for one that goes flat...
ribs (also side ribs or spareribs) are a variety
of ribs cut from the lower portion
of a pig, specifically
and breastbone, behind
- Austin Osman Spare
1886 – 15 May 1956) was an English artist
as both a draughtsman
and a painter. Influenced
- Spare Change
to: Spare Change
News, a street newspaper founded
in 1992 and published
in Cambridge, M****achusetts Spare Change
(novel), a 2007...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Spare