Definition of Spare. Meaning of Spare. Synonyms of Spare
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Spare. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Spare and, of course, Spare synonyms and on the right images related to the word Spare.
Definition of Spare
Spare Spare, n.
1. The act of sparing; moderation; restraint. [Obs.]
Killing for sacrifice, without any spare. --Holland.
2. Parsimony; frugal use. [Obs.] --Bacon.
Poured out their plenty without spite or spare.
3. An opening in a petticoat or gown; a placket. [Obs.]
4. That which has not been used or expended.
5. (Tenpins) The right of bowling again at a full set of
pins, after having knocked all the pins down in less than
three bowls. If all the pins are knocked down in one bowl
it is a double spare; in two bowls, a single spare.
Spare Spare, v. i.
1. To be frugal; not to be profuse; to live frugally; to be
I, who at some times spend, at others spare, Divided
between carelessness and care. --Pope.
2. To refrain from inflicting harm; to use mercy or
He will not spare in the day of vengeance. --Prov.
3. To desist; to stop; to refrain. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
SpareSpare Spare, a. [Compar. Sparer; superl. Sparest; -- not
used in all the senses of the word.] [AS. sp[ae]r sparing.
Cf. Spare, v. t. ]
1. Scanty; not abundant or plentiful; as, a spare diet.
2. Sparing; frugal; parsimonious; chary.
He was spare, but discreet of speech. --Carew.
3. Being over and above what is necessary, or what must be
used or reserved; not wanted, or not used; superfluous;
as, I have no spare time.
If that no spare clothes he had to give. --Spenser.
4. Held in reserve, to be used in an emergency; as, a spare
anchor; a spare bed or room.
5. Lean; wanting flesh; meager; thin; gaunt.
O, give me the spare men, and spare me the great
6. Slow. [Obs. or prov. Eng.] --Grose.
Meaning of Spare from wikipedia
(bowling) Austin Osman Spare Richard Spare Spare
part (logistics) Spare
- A spare
part, or replacement
part, is an interchangeable
part that is kept in an inventory
and used for the repair
ribs (also side ribs or spareribs) are a variety
of pork ribs cooked
in various cuisines around
the world. They are cut from the lower...
- A spare
tire (or stepney) is an additional
tire (or tyre - see spelling
in a motor vehicle
as a replacement
for one that goes flat...
- A spare
part is an item of inventory
used to replace failed
parts. Spare Parts
may also refer
to: Spare Parts
(album), by Status
Quo Spare Parts
the rod may refer
to: A line from the 17th century Samuel Butler
poem, Hudibras: "Spare
the rod and spoil
the child" Spare
the Rod (1954 film), a...
- A hot spare
or warm spare
or hot standby
is used as a failover mechanism
to provide reliability
configurations. The hot spare
- A spare
is a term used in bowling
that all of the pins have been knocked
ball of a frame
when not all the pins were...
- Austin Osman Spare
1886 – 15 May 1956) was an English artist
as both a draughtsman
and a painter. Influenced
the Rod is a 1961 British social drama directed
by Leslie Norman
Max Bygraves, Geoffrey
Keen, Donald Pleasence
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Spare