Definition of Silent partner. Meaning of Silent partner. Synonyms of Silent partner
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Silent partner. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Silent partner and, of course, Silent partner synonyms and on the right images related to the word Silent partner.
Definition of Silent partner
Silent partnerSilent Si"lent, a. [L. silens, -entis, p. pr. of silere to be
silent; akin to Goth. ana-silan.]
1. Free from sound or noise; absolutely still; perfectly
How silent is this town! --Shak.
2. Not speaking; indisposed to talk; speechless; mute;
taciturn; not loquacious; not talkative.
Ulysses, adds he, was the most eloquent and most
silent of men. --Broome.
This new-created world, whereof in hell Fame is not
3. Keeping at rest; inactive; calm; undisturbed; as, the wind
is silent. --Parnell. Sir W. Raleigh.
4. (Pron.) Not pronounced; having no sound; quiescent; as, e
is silent in ``fable.'
5. Having no effect; not operating; inefficient. [R.]
Cause . . . silent, virtueless, and dead. --Sir W.
Silent partner. See Dormant partner, under Dormant.
Syn: Mute; taciturn; dumb; speechless; quiet; still. See
Mute, and Taciturn.
Meaning of Silent partner from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Silent partner