Definition of Pursuing. Meaning of Pursuing. Synonyms of Pursuing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Pursuing. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Pursuing and, of course, Pursuing synonyms and on the right images related to the word Pursuing.
Definition of Pursuing
PursuingPursue Pur*sue", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pursued; p. pr. & vb.
n. Pursuing.] [OE. pursuen, porsuen, OF. porsivre,
poursuivre, poursuir, F. poursuivre, fr. L. prosequi; pro
forward + sequi to follow. See Sue, and cf. Prosecute,
1. To follow with a view to overtake; to follow eagerly, or
with haste; to chase; as, to pursue a hare.
We happiness pursue; we fly from pain. --Prior.
The happiness of men lies in purswing, Not in
2. To seek; to use or adopt measures to obtain; as, to pursue
a remedy at law.
The fame of ancient matrons you pursue. --Dryden.
3. To proceed along, with a view to some and or object; to
follow; to go in; as, Captain Cook pursued a new route;
the administration pursued a wise course.
4. To prosecute; to be engaged in; to continue. `` Insatiate
to pursue vain war.' --Milton.
5. To follow as an example; to imitate.
6. To follow with enmity; to persecute; to call to account.
The servant is not greater than his lord. If they
have pursued me, they shall pursue you also.
Syn: To follow; chase; seek; persist. See Follow.
Meaning of Pursuing from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Pursuing