Definition of Matching. Meaning of Matching. Synonyms of Matching
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Matching. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Matching and, of course, Matching synonyms and on the right images related to the word Matching.
Definition of Matching
MatchingMatch Match, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Matched; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To be a mate or match for; to be able to complete with; to
rival successfully; to equal.
No settled senses of the world can match The
pleasure of that madness. --Shak.
2. To furnish with its match; to bring a match, or equal,
against; to show an equal competitor to; to set something
in competition with, or in opposition to, as equal.
No history or antiquity can matchis policies and his
3. To oppose as equal; to contend successfully against.
Eternal might To match with their inventions they
presumed So easy, and of his thunder made a scorn.
4. To make or procure the equal of, or that which is exactly
similar to, or corresponds with; as, to match a vase or a
horse; to match cloth. ``Matching of patterns and
5. To make equal, proportionate, or suitable; to adapt, fit,
or suit (one thing to another).
Let poets match their subject to their strength.
6. To marry; to give in marriage.
A senator of Rome survived, Would not have matched
his daughter with a king. --Addison.
7. To fit together, or make suitable for fitting together;
specifically, to furnish with a tongue and a groove, at
the edges; as, to match boards.
Matching machine, a planing machine for forming a tongue or
a groove on the edge of a board.
Meaning of Matching from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Matching