Definition of Lecture. Meaning of Lecture. Synonyms of Lecture
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Lecture. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Lecture and, of course, Lecture synonyms and on the right images related to the word Lecture.
Definition of Lecture
LectureLecture Lec"ture (-t[-u]r; 135), n. [F. lecture, LL. lectura,
fr. L. legere, lectum, to read. See Legend.]
1. The act of reading; as, the lecture of Holy Scripture.
2. A discourse on any subject; especially, a formal or
methodical discourse, intended for instruction; sometimes,
a familiar discourse, in contrast with a sermon.
3. A reprimand or formal reproof from one having authority.
4. (Eng. Universities) A rehearsal of a lesson. LectureLecture Lec"ture, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Lectured (-t[-u]rd);
p. pr. & vb. n. Lecturing.]
1. To read or deliver a lecture to.
2. To reprove formally and with authority.
Lecture Lec"ture, v. i.
To deliver a lecture or lectures.
Meaning of Lecture from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Lecture