Definition of Grind. Meaning of Grind. Synonyms of Grind
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Grind. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Grind and, of course, Grind synonyms and on the right images related to the word Grind.
Definition of Grind
GrindGrind Grind, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ground; p. pr. & vb. n.
Grinding.] [AS. grindan; perh. akin to L. frendere to
gnash, grind. Cf. Grist.]
1. To reduce to powder by friction, as in a mill, or with the
teeth; to crush into small fragments; to produce as by the
action of millstones.
Take the millstones, and grind meal. --Is. xivii.
2. To wear down, polish, or sharpen, by friction; to make
smooth, sharp, or pointed; to whet, as a knife or drill;
to rub against one another, as teeth, etc.
3. To oppress by severe exactions; to harass.
To grind the subject or defraud the prince.
4. To study hard for examination. [College Slang]
Grind Grind, v. i.
1. To perform the operation of grinding something; to turn
Send thee Into the common prison, there to grind.
2. To become ground or pulverized by friction; as, this corn
3. To become polished or sharpened by friction; as, glass
grinds smooth; steel grinds to a sharp edge.
4. To move with much difficulty or friction; to grate.
5. To perform hard aud distasteful service; to drudge; to
study hard, as for an examination. --Farrar.
Grind Grind, n.
1. The act of reducing to powder, or of sharpening, by
2. Any severe continuous work or occupation; esp., hard and
uninteresting study. [Colloq.] --T. Hughes.
3. A hard student; a dig. [College Slang]
Meaning of Grind from wikipedia
- A blade's grind
is its cross-sectional shape
in a plane normal
to the edge. Grind differs
is the blade's cross-sectional shape...
- Mississippi Grind
is a 2015 American drama
by Anna Boden
and Ryan Fleck. It stars
Ryan Reynolds, Ben Mendelsohn, Sienna
- a noise-filled sound
that uses heavily
distorted, down-tuned guitars, grinding overdriven
b****, high speed
beats, and vocals which
- A mill is a device
that breaks solid materials
into smaller pieces
, crushing, or cutting. Such comminution
is an important
to the Grind
is the second studio album
by American heavy metal
band Skid Row, released
on June 11, 1991 by Atlantic
Records. The album
- Grind Session
is a skateboarding video
by Shaba Games
by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively
for PlayStation. Grind
with Me" is a single
by the R&B group Pretty
Ricky, off their
2005 debut album
Bluestars. It reached
#7 on the Billboard
Hot 100 and was certified...
- skateboarding, grinds
the skateboarder sliding along
a surface, making contact
with the trucks
of the skateboard. Grinds
can be performed...
- The Grind
to: The Grind
(TV series), an MTV dance music
show The Grind
(1915 film), a 1915 silent
film The Grind
(2009 film), a 2009 thriller...
- In Ireland, grinds
tuition; a major industry
in Ireland, particularly
at secondary school
" is a Hiberno-English term which
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Grind