Definition of Grains. Meaning of Grains. Synonyms of Grains
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Grains. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Grains and, of course, Grains synonyms and on the right images related to the word Grains.
Definition of Grains
GrainGrain Grain, v. & n.
See Groan. [Obs.] GrainGrain Grain, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Grained; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To paint in imitation of the grain of wood, marble, etc.
2. To form (powder, sugar, etc.) into grains.
3. To take the hair off (skins); to soften and raise the
grain of (leather, etc.). GrainGrain Grain, v. i. [F. grainer, grener. See Grain, n.]
1. To yield fruit. [Obs.] --Gower.
2. To form grains, or to assume a granular ferm, as the
result of crystallization; to granulate. GrainGrain Grain, n. [See Groin a part of the body.]
1. A branch of a tree; a stalk or stem of a plant. [Obs.]
2. A tine, prong, or fork. Specifically:
(a) One the branches of a valley or of a river.
(b) pl. An iron first speak or harpoon, having four or
more barbed points.
3. A blade of a sword, knife, etc.
4. (Founding) A thin piece of metal, used in a mold to steady
Meaning of Grains from wikipedia
of the Andes
-based food systems
but, at the higher
elevations, none of the grains
was a cereal. All three grains native
to the Andes
- anti-nutritional contents
of each of these grains
is remarkably different
from that of raw form of these grains reported
in this table. In cooked
- cauliflower grains
, with color ranging
yellow. A complex
and highly variable community
can be found
in these grains
- combine their
diet of grains
with legumes. Many legumes, however, are deficient
in the essential amino
acid methionine, which grains
contain. Thus, a combination...
- Ancient grains
are a grouping
that are considered
to have been minimally changed
by selective breeding
- comprising pollen grains which
are male microgametophytes
of seed plants, which produce
(sperm cells). Pollen grains
have a hard coat made...
- Refined grains
, in contrast
to whole grains
to grain products consisting
or grain flours
that have been significantly modified
- of brewing, while distillers grains
are a mix of corn, rice and other grains
are two main sources
of these grains
. The traditional sources
- Snow grains
are a form of precipitation. Snow grains
as very small
(<1 mm), white, opaque grains
of ice that are fairly
flat or elongated...
- m****es of wheat
and barley grains
were part of the legal definitions
of m****. Expressions
such as "thirty-two grains
of wheat, taken
from the middle...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Grains