Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Target. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Target and, of course, Target synonyms and on the right images related to the word Target.
Target Tar"get, n.
1. A thin cut; a slice; specif., of lamb, a piece consisting
of the neck and breast joints. [Eng.]
2. A tassel or pendent; also, a shred; tatter. [Obs. Scot.]
Target Tar"get, n. [OF. targette, dim. of OF. & F. targe, of
Teutonic origin; cf. AS. targe, OD. targie, G. zarge a frame,
case, border, OHG. zarga, Icel. targa shield.]
1. A kind of small shield or buckler, used as a defensive
weapon in war.
(a) A butt or mark to shoot at, as for practice, or to
test the accuracy of a firearm, or the force of a
(b) The pattern or arrangement of a series of hits made by
a marksman on a butt or mark; as, he made a good
3. (Surveying) The sliding crosspiece, or vane, on a leveling
4. (Railroad) A conspicuous disk attached to a switch lever
to show its position, or for use as a signal.
Meaning of Target from wikipedia