Definition of Cavalier. Meaning of Cavalier. Synonyms of Cavalier
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Cavalier. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Cavalier and, of course, Cavalier synonyms and on the right images related to the word Cavalier.
Definition of Cavalier
Cavalier Cav`a*lier", a.
Gay; easy; offhand; frank.
The plodding, persevering scupulous accuracy of the
one, and the easy, cavalier, verbal fluency of the
other, form a complete contrast. --Hazlitt.
2. High-spirited. [Obs.] ``The people are naturally not
valiant, and not much cavalier.' --Suckling.
3. Supercilious; haughty; disdainful; curt; brusque.
4. Of or pertaining to the party of King Charles I. ``An old
Cavalier family.' --Beaconsfield.
CavalierCavalier Cav`a*lier" (k[a^]v`[.a]*l[=e]r"), n. [F. cavalier,
It. cavaliere, LL. caballarius, fr. L. caballus. See
Cavalcade, and cf. Chevalier, Caballine.]
1. A military man serving on horseback; a knight.
2. A gay, sprightly, military man; hence, a gallant.
3. One of the court party in the time of king Charles I. as
contrasted with a Roundhead or an adherent of Parliament.
4. (Fort.) A work of more than ordinary height, rising from
the level ground of a bastion, etc., and overlooking
Meaning of Cavalier from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Cavalier