Definition of Plays. Meaning of Plays. Synonyms of Plays
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Plays. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Plays and, of course, Plays synonyms and on the right images related to the word Plays.
Definition of Plays
PlayPlay Play, v. t.
To play hob, to play the part of a mischievous spirit; to
work mischief. Plebs Plebs (pl[e^]bz), n. [L. Cf.
1. The commonalty of ancient Rome who were citizens without
the usual political rights; the plebeians; --
distinguished from the patricians.
2. Hence, the common people; the populace; -- construed as a
pl. PlayPlay Play, n.
1. Amusement; sport; frolic; gambols.
2. Any exercise, or series of actions, intended for amusement
or diversion; a game.
John naturally loved rough play. --Arbuthnot.
3. The act or practice of contending for victory, amusement,
or a prize, as at dice, cards, or billiards; gaming; as,
to lose a fortune in play.
4. Action; use; employment; exercise; practice; as, fair
play; sword play; a play of wit. ``The next who comes in
5. A dramatic composition; a comedy or tragedy; a composition
in which characters are represented by dialogue and
A play ought to be a just image of human nature.
6. The representation or exhibition of a comedy or tragedy;
as, he attends ever play.
7. Performance on an instrument of music.
8. Motion; movement, regular or irregular; as, the play of a
wheel or piston; hence, also, room for motion; free and
easy action. ``To give them play, front and rear.'
The joints are let exactly into one another, that
they have no play between them. --Moxon.
9. Hence, liberty of acting; room for enlargement or display;
scope; as, to give full play to mirth.
Play actor, an actor of dramas. --Prynne.
Play debt, a gambling debt. --Arbuthnot.
Play pleasure, idle amusement. [Obs.] --Bacon.
A play upon words, the use of a word in such a way as to be
capable of double meaning; punning.
Play of colors, prismatic variation of colors.
To bring into play, To come into play, to bring or come
into use or exercise.
To hold in play, to keep occupied or employed.
Meaning of Plays from wikipedia
- Dixon Smegma Plays Merzbow Plays
Smegma, also known
, a collaboration album between Smegma
" (Chungha song), 2020 "Play
" (David Banner...
- Shakespeare's plays
are a canon
39 dramatic works written
poet, playwright, and actor William
Shakespeare. The exact number
- American plays
List of Canadian plays
List of Romanian plays
List of films based
on stage plays
List of plays
made into feature films
- An extended play
, often referred
to as an EP, is a musical recording
than a single
but is usually unqualified
as an album
- 406/5 BC) is one of three ancient
Gr**** tragedians whose plays
have survived. His first plays
were written later
than, or contemporary
- Mystery plays
and miracle plays
(they are distinguished
as two different forms although
used interchangeably) are among
is a big band jazz album recorded
Rich and released
by RCA Records
in 1977. The album
is the first
EP by American indie
rock band Saint
Motel. The album
had a music video
song that was also included
on the CD itself. "Dear...
and... is a jazz album
Dave Brubeck. It's Brubeck's second
solo piano album
(the first being Brubeck Plays
Brubeck). It was...
- Beckett, S., Collected Shorter Plays
of Samuel Beckett
and Faber, 1984), p 159 Beckett, S., Collected Shorter Plays
of Samuel Beckett
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Plays