Definition of Branched. Meaning of Branched. Synonyms of Branched
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Branched.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Branched and, of course, Branched synonyms and on the right images related to the word Branched.
Definition of Branched
BranchBranch Branch, n.; pl. Branches. [OE. braunche, F. branche,
fr. LL. branca claw of a bird or beast of prey; cf. Armor.
brank branch, bough.]
1. (Bot.) A shoot or secondary stem growing from the main
stem, or from a principal limb or bough of a tree or other
2. Any division extending like a branch; any arm or part
connected with the main body of thing; ramification; as,
the branch of an antler; the branch of a chandelier; a
branch of a river; a branch of a railway.
Most of the branches, or streams, were dried up.
3. Any member or part of a body or system; a distinct
article; a section or subdivision; a department.
``Branches of knowledge.' --Prescott.
It is a branch and parcel of mine oath. --Shak.
4. (Geom.) One of the portions of a curve that extends
outwards to an indefinitely great distance; as, the
branches of an hyperbola.
5. A line of family descent, in distinction from some other
line or lines from the same stock; any descendant in such
a line; as, the English branch of a family.
His father, a younger branch of the ancient stock.
6. (Naut.) A warrant or commission given to a pilot,
authorizing him to pilot vessels in certain waters.
Branches of a bridle, two pieces of bent iron, which bear
the bit, the cross chains, and the curb.
Branch herring. See Alewife.
Root and branch, totally, wholly.
Syn: Bough; limb; shoot; offshoot; twig; sprig.
Branch Branch, v. t.
1. To divide as into branches; to make subordinate division
2. To adorn with needlework representing branches, flowers,
The train whereof loose far behind her strayed,
Branched with gold and pearl, most richly wrought.
Branch Branch, a.
Diverging from, or tributary to, a main stock, line, way,
theme, etc.; as, a branch vein; a branch road or line; a
branch topic; a branch store.
Meaning of Branched from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Branched