Definition of Bowl. Meaning of Bowl. Synonyms of Bowl
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Bowl. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Bowl and, of course, Bowl synonyms and on the right images related to the word Bowl.
Definition of Bowl
BowlBowl Bowl (b[=o]l), n. [OE. bolle, AS. bolla; akin to Icel.
bolli, Dan. bolle, G. bolle, and perh. to E. boil a tumor.
1. A concave vessel of various forms (often approximately
hemispherical), to hold liquids, etc.
Brought them food in bowls of basswood.
2. Specifically, a drinking vessel for wine or other
spirituous liquors; hence, convivial drinking.
3. The contents of a full bowl; what a bowl will hold.
4. The hollow part of a thing; as, the bowl of a spoon.
Bowl Bowl, v. i.
1. To play with bowls.
2. To roll a ball on a plane, as at cricket, bowls, etc.
3. To move rapidly, smoothly, and like a ball; as, the
carriage bowled along.
BowlBowl Bowl (b[=o]l), n. [F. boule, fr. L. bulla bubble, stud.
Cf. Bull an edict, Bill a writing.]
1. A ball of wood or other material used for rolling on a
level surface in play; a ball of hard wood having one side
heavier than the other, so as to give it a bias when
2. pl. An ancient game, popular in Great Britain, played with
biased balls on a level plat of greensward.
Like an uninstructed bowler, . . . who thinks to
attain the jack by delivering his bowl
straightforward upon it. --Sir W.
3. pl. The game of tenpins or bowling. [U.S.]
Meaning of Bowl from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Bowl