Definition of Blocking. Meaning of Blocking. Synonyms of Blocking
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Blocking.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Blocking and, of course, Blocking synonyms and on the right images related to the word Blocking.
Definition of Blocking
BlockingBlock Block, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Blocked; p. pr. & vb. n.
Blocking.] [Cf. F. bloquer, fr. bloc block. See Block,
1. To obstruct so as to prevent passage or progress; to
prevent passage from, through, or into, by obstructing the
way; -- used both of persons and things; -- often followed
by up; as, to block up a road or harbor.
With moles . . . would block the port. --Rowe.
A city . . . besieged and blocked about. --Milton.
2. To secure or support by means of blocks; to secure, as two
boards at their angles of intersection, by pieces of wood
glued to each.
3. To shape on, or stamp with, a block; as, to block a hat.
To block out, to begin to reduce to shape; to mark out
roughly; to lay out; as, to block out a plan.
Blocking Block"ing, n.
1. The act of obstructing, supporting, shaping, or stamping
with a block or blocks.
2. Blocks used to support (a building, etc.) temporarily.
Meaning of Blocking from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Blocking