Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Backward. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Backward and, of course, Backward synonyms and on the right images related to the word Backward.
Backward Back"ward, v. i.
To keep back; to hinder. [Obs.]
Backward Back"ward, Backwards Back"wards, adv. [Back, adv. +
1. With the back in advance or foremost; as, to ride
2. Toward the back; toward the rear; as, to throw the arms
3. On the back, or with the back downward.
Thou wilt fall backward. --Shak.
4. Toward, or in, past time or events; ago.
Some reigns backward. --Locke.
5. By way of reflection; reflexively. --Sir J. Davies.
6. From a better to a worse state, as from honor to shame,
from religion to sin.
The work went backward. --Dryden.
7. In a contrary or reverse manner, way, or direction;
contrarily; as, to read backwards.
We might have . . . beat them backward home. --Shak.
Backward Back"ward, n.
The state behind or past. [Obs.]
In the dark backward and abysm of time. --Shak.
Meaning of Backward from wikipedia