Definition of Auriculars. Meaning of Auriculars. Synonyms of Auriculars
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Auriculars. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Auriculars and, of course, Auriculars synonyms and on the right images related to the word Auriculars.
Definition of Auriculars
Auriculars Au*ric"u*lars, n. pl. (Zo["o]l.)
A circle of feathers surrounding the opening of the ear of
AuricularAuricular Au*ric"u*lar ([add]*r[i^]k"[-u]*l[~e]r), a. [LL.
auricularis: cf. F. auriculaire. See Auricle.]
1. Of or pertaining to the ear, or to the sense of hearing;
as, auricular nerves.
2. Told in the ear, i. e., told privately; as, auricular
confession to the priest.
This next chapter is a penitent confession of the
king, and the strangest . . . that ever was
3. Recognized by the ear; known by the sense of hearing; as,
auricular evidence. ``Auricular assurance.' --Shak.
4. Received by the ear; known by report. ``Auricular
5. (Anat.) Pertaining to the auricles of the heart.
Auricular finger, the little finger; so called because it
can be readily introduced into the ear passage.
Meaning of Auriculars from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Auriculars