Definition of Plating. Meaning of Plating. Synonyms of Plating
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Plating. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Plating and, of course, Plating synonyms and on the right images related to the word Plating.
Definition of Plating
PlatingPlate Plate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Plated; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To cover or overlay with gold, silver, or other metals,
either by a mechanical process, as hammering, or by a
chemical process, as electrotyping.
2. To cover or overlay with plates of metal; to arm with
metal for defense.
Thus plated in habiliments of war. --Shak.
3. To adorn with plated metal; as, a plated harness.
4. To beat into thin, flat pieces, or lamin[ae].
5. To calender; as, to plate paper.
Plating Plat"ing, n.
1. The art or process of covering anything with a plate or
plates, or with metal, particularly of overlaying a base
or dull metal with a thin plate of precious or bright
metal, as by mechanical means or by electro-magnetic
2. A thin coating of metal laid upon another metal.
3. A coating or defensive armor of metal (usually steel)
Meaning of Plating from wikipedia